Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living in America

My brother made it a point to sing this song made famous by James Brown in Rocky IV as Apollo Creed made his way into the ring to fight Ivan Drago.  My brother's reasoning was that it was as much a Citizen Party as a Birthday Party.

Our daughter Carolina Basilia was born on 9/19/2010.  We are so blessed that she was giving a 100% clean bill of health.  The doctors and nurses at Arlington Memorial Hospital were awesome!  If anyone is looking for a pediatrician, I highly recommend Dr. Raine who works out of Cooks Children Hospital.  Very nice and thorough man. 

Carolina has her days all mixed up and has been sleeping during the day and awake at night.  Once we get her through this initial mix up, we shouldn't have to worry about this for another 18 years. 

I setup her pink bouncy.  It's so pink that if we were to put in in her room, we'd never find it again.  It would just blend in with the walls. 

Mama is still recovering.  It will be a couple of days before she gets back to par.  As for me, it's almost 1:00am and I still have to shower because I havent done so since we left for the hospital 3 days ago.  I feel disgusting, but amazingly do not smell too bad.  Grandma made some chicken soup for dinner which we had at 10pm because our neighbors came to visit.  They are extremely nice people and always offer to help.  They are welcome to visit anytime they wish.

Tomorrow is another day filled with new experiences for our daughter and new paperwork to fill out for us.  In line for tomorrow is a trip to a class that shows us how to ensure that our child safety seat for the car in on correctly.

Until then, sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment